Thursday, January 8, 2009

We long forgotten this GIFT.... our ear to "LISTEN"

Below Phrase taken from a book that I reading now "Reading People"

Each of us has the ability to ask meaningful questions and really listen to the answers - when we want to. The problem is, we get busy, or lazy or too familiar, and we quit trying. Think back to the last time you met someone you were interested getting to know, either as a friend, an employee, or a lover. Remember how you asked questions and truly listened to the answers during your first few conversations? Do you still listen as intently, now that you know the person better? Chances are, you don't And while we can't expect to maintain the intense interest we feel when we first get to know someone, many people backslide to an astonishing degree.

What is the feeling in you right now? When I though back my past when I met my girlfriend. Lot of hints I gave and I did catch the hidden meaning in every single answer from her. How about the way I treating her now? I simply think that I know her so well and ignore the question and answer that I gave her. Sometime, try to be more sensitive and you will have a lot of fun in the conversation even with your family members.

No comments: